For SWASH 4.01, patches are available here (if appropriate). These fix
bugs. Also, new features can be released from time to time.
To apply a patch, first, you must place the downloaded patch
files (right-clicking the file, open a new window and then save it as text file)
in the folder where the source code of SWASH is located, and then execute the
patch -p0 < patchfile
It is important not to change or modify the patch files since they may
contain tabs! If needed, use dos2unix to convert DOS to UNIX format. After applying a patch, you need to recompile
the SWASH source code.
Note to Windows users
- patch is a Unix command. Download the patch program appropriate for Windows
(it is one of the GNU utilities for Win32 that are freely available).
- However, Windows 7 (or higher) demands that patch must be run with administrative privileges. To hack this, do the following:
- Rename patch.exe to patsh.exe.
- Then create a batch file patch.bat in the same directory containing the following command:
If you wish to submit a new bug report, send an e-mail to
||description of problem and fix or new features
- new arrays added (dpu and dpv) for ease of programming
- changed accordingly value assignment of bottom levels
- changed value minimum depth in k-epsilon turbulence model
- use double precision for time coding
- support gfortran and Intel Fortran compilers for macOS
- support Intel Fortran compiler 17 for MS Windows
- bug fixes:
- small fix lateral advection near cycling boundaries
- small fix in log-law based wall functions